In the old days, performing at major social celebrations, the puppeteer or dalang would sit behind a screen and an oil lamp orchestrating the movement of the wayang figures’ shadows while narrating stories of classic Hindu tales.
Today, although wayang plays are few and far between, this traditional cultural expression remains one of Indonesia’s most celebrated art forms. For those that have yet to see a wayang show, it is worth paying a visit.
- 1000 pieces each
- Funky-shaped puzzle pieces
- Pieces finished with a soft-touch, glare-free coating
- Thick stock and high-quality art paper
- Completed puzzle is 50 cm x 70 cm
- Box is 20 x 25 x 6 cm
- Not suitable for children